email login to windows

monkbat1 11:00 31 Jan 14

I set up my daughters computer and instead of using her outlook mail account as her alias I erroneously typed in a gmail address (which she doesn't yet have! ie I typed in [email protected] instead of [email protected])but I used the password for her outlook account. The software accepted this as her alias and now I cannot access the emails to verify her account because they are being sent to this gmail account - although the software thinks her alias is her outlook account. Confused? You bet! When I tried to set up a gmail account in this name it tells me it already exists so I can't access it. I have tried to change the alias back to @outlook but it thinks it is @outlook even though she has to log in as @gmail. Aargh. Help please!

monkbat1 11:18 31 Jan 14

Ah - that might work! I'll give it a go when I finish work this afternoon - thank you - will that stop it asking for her to verify her account to use apps such as skype?

monkbat1 11:21 31 Jan 14

I've tried changing that but it thinks it's the outlook one and I cant change it to the gmail one as I can't access that!

monkbat1 11:30 31 Jan 14

Ok - thank you!

rdave13 13:15 31 Jan 14

Easiest way would be to change the Microsoft account to a local account then change back to a Microsoft account using the right details this time :)

Here is a link how to change to a local account on Win 8.1, click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…