email client in Windows 8

I have managed to open a BT Internet account in Windows 8 mail. However I cannot get it to create folders for different emails which I want to file. With Windows Vista I used Windows mail as an email client - this helped to file all emails appropriately. As far as I can make out, if I open Outlook or Windows Live/Hotmail accounts I would end up with a different email address which I do not want. I am extremely confused by the entire process. Can anyone shed light into my darkness ?

Secret-Squirrel 17:11 PM 17 Feb 13

If you're looking for the desktop e-mail client that's the replacement for Vista's Windows Mail (and Outlook Express) then "Windows Live Mail" is what you need and you can find it here. You can also import your old messages and contacts if you wish.

Thanks for the prompt reply Secret Squirrel. If I do as you suggest can I retain my existing email address and use Windows Live mail as an email client ? Sorry to be so pedantic.

Secret-Squirrel 18:08 PM 17 Feb 13

"If I do as you suggest can I retain my existing email address and use Windows Live mail as an email client ?"

Yes you can :)

Good evening Secret Squirrel. Thanks again. I will give it a go. Your help is very much appreciated.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites