email client is not properly installed in windows 7

allanon 13:06 PM 10 Jun 12

I am using a new ivybrdige computer running windows 7 and i have found a problem. I tried to respond to a "contact us" link on the manufacturers website and the follwing message appeared:-

"could not perform this operation because default mail client is not properly installed". I understand that the 64bit Internet Explorer cannot be set as the default browser.

I have downloaded windows live mail however I cannot set this as my default e-mail client. I have accessed the Start/set program access and computer default/ custom/ and it simply says " use current e-mail program there is no option to select windows live mail as the default. I miss be missing something, probably blinding obvious to you but to me ....... Any help gratefully received. I understand that if I can set the above as the default e-mail client then I will be able to use the "contact us " buttons on websites. Thanks

KRONOS the First 13:40 PM 10 Jun 12

This any use? Email.

Or

•Start Internet Explorer. •Select Tools | Internet Options from the menu.
•Go to the Programs tab. •Make sure Windows Live Mail is selected for E-mail. •Click OK.

allanon 16:30 PM 10 Jun 12

Thanks for some reason windows live mail now appears ?????. Sometimes i wonder ..... . Thanks for this, it is now working

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites