E-mails W7??

Muergo 12:48 PM 21 Oct 09

I suppose it's goodbye to Outlook Express when I install W7, what happens to my address and network settings are they all staying the same?

geebs46 18:40 PM 21 Oct 09

I would think there shouldn't be a problem (says he waiting for order to be delivered). Outlook Express emails are made up of a number of files with typical suffixes eg .dbx, .ibx and, as in XP, one would assume you can Import these files/folders from the backups you create before the switch to 7.

mfletch 18:47 PM 21 Oct 09

Are you doing a upgrade?

when installing Windows 7 it will I hope install windows live mail and if its a upgrade it will auto save your addresses and contacts also

Back them up though just in case

Muergo 20:10 PM 21 Oct 09

I will be doing clean installation, moving from XP to W7, but already have full backup of all files on external hard drive including address book, that is most important, have hundreds in that folder.

Splodge 15:26 PM 24 Oct 09

I did notice that Windows 7 would not include Outlook.

I use Incredimail which gives a lot of different letters and animations but there are a lot of others around!

Muergo 16:16 PM 24 Oct 09

I am happy using Windows live mail but want to be sure that I can download my address book onto it, but I suppose if it is on external drive I can move it across, but wanted to know if anyone had actually done it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…