DVD Maker for 8.1 for Win Movie maker

Ram Rat 09:58 18 Mar 15

I have found out that Microsoft don't provide DVD maker for Win 8.1 and I have created a movie to put on to a DVD but can't. Can anyone recommend software that will. I only use it for my holiday films.

northumbria61 12:48 18 Mar 15

Top 5 of the Best DVD Burning Software ImgBurn being one of the most popular and used by many on here but any should do just what you want.

robin_x 15:01 18 Mar 15

I think DVD Maker provided the Authoring and Burning function for MS Movie Maker.

The Movie File still needs to be converted so it can be played in any standalone DVD player.

Try a Freeware program such as DVD Flick, Freemake Video Converter or DVD Styler.

See a full reply by 'considerate_guy' on Dec 31 2013 here

Ram Rat 07:28 23 Mar 15

Thanks for your response. I think I will transfer the video files and use my Win 7 PC and use that for DVD making. I did see the post from considerateguy recommended by robinx but some of my relatives don't have a computer hence the main reason why I use DVD and I'm a bit old fashioned myself. I do have an old XP machine which uses the older and better Movie Maker, it's a bit slow but does the job. I am hopping to build a NAS for my home network soon so that my be a permanent solution.

robin_x 13:47 23 Mar 15

Thanks for the update.

Be careful of NAS, it will only transfer files as fast as your network can support. If it is all Gigabit and b/g/n that may be fine.

Might be better with just a USB External drive otherwise.

robin_x 13:49 23 Mar 15

External drives can also be Shared, they are not locked to the computer they are coonected to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…