Dvd drive program association problem

gauravchandrakar 11:37 08 Apr 15

whenever i double tap on my dvd drive it shows this file has not associate with program plz install it and associate but association of file are all set,and when i right clicking and open the dvd so i can play that video and also play with option is missing , i am facing that problem with only video files.

bremner 18:45 08 Apr 15

The DVD drive itself does not need an association, it is files that need the association.

It is clear that whatever file type the DVD contains is not assigned a file type. What is the extension of the file you are trying to play.

gauravchandrakar 19:19 08 Apr 15

it is .vob file but it has associated with vlc player. my only problem is that when i double tap on the DVD RW Drive it shows this file does not have associate with any program.

when i insert dvd it get autoplay and also ican able to access .vob file throught right click on drive then open it and can able to get play .vob file but whenever i doulbe tab the problem is that associate the file.

robin_x 19:46 08 Apr 15

Right click the .vob and select Properties.

Change the file association there.

You may also need to do this with the .ifo files.

Also see

gauravchandrakar 05:02 09 Apr 15

thanx guys for reply. it was not association problem,it has command problem i have fix it by copying playwith command value data and paste it in play command value data. Here is the steps which i had follow :- 1. Run Regedit 2. Navigate the tree to HKEYCLASSESROOT\DVD\shell\play\command 3. Double click the (Default) value on the right side of the split dialog (Edit String dialog should appear) 4. You will see value data has empty. 5. then goto HKEYCLASSESROOT\DVD\shell\playwith\command 6. Double click the (Default) value on the right side of the split dialog (Edit String dialog should appear) 7. Copy the contents of the Value data field 8. Click cancel on the Edit String dialog 9. again come to play/command and paste the value data . 10. problem will be fixed. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…