DVD drive gone missing

jaimie 09:01 18 Apr 10

Since upgrading Vista to Win 7 the very DVD drive used to install Win 7 has now dissappeared. it is not there in disk management but when starting up a message says this drive is blocked because of compatability issues. It's only a lite-on drive and I have checked the Lite-on site there are no drivers for this. Does anyone know what might be goingnon here?

Technocrate 06:20 19 Apr 10

Ok I think I've figured it out with the help of a computer savvy friend. The computer is shutting off the DVD drive to save power. We went to Acer website and downloaded the Power Smart driver for Windows 7. If the laptop is plugged in when started up, the DVD drive does not disappear. If you're on battery power, you need to go into the power options on start menu and change the settings under balanced power. Otherwise, on battery power, the DVD drive gets shut down to save power. So, if you change the settings, you can at least press the eject button and the DVD drive will pop out to use (under battery power). If you're going to use the drive for a long time, like I will when I record music from a keyboard onto my laptop and burn CD's, use the power cord.

For More Information and help related to windows 7 issues click here

jaimie 16:48 05 May 10

This was due to a programme associated with the drive beibng incompatible with Win 7. I unistalled the prog and the DVD drive is back

Kind regards

James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…