Duplicate Emails

Wincee 14:11 PM 08 Sep 10

Hi

I work in an office that has 3 computers. I have allowed all computers to download emails when they come in, but for some reason they are being duplicated on each machine. I have the check box ticked to leave a copy on the server, which I believe is what I need to do to enable the other 2 computers to be allowed to download them also. Is there anyway of stopping this from happening?

Woolwell 17:22 PM 08 Sep 10

If they've all got the same e-mail address then this is what will happen. If there are different e-mail addresses for each person then the settings are not right.

peter99co 17:36 PM 08 Sep 10

It can be caused by having to many rules. Check for possible conflicts if you are sorting to different inboxes.

I had a filter which did this and while the first rule sent a mail to a box another filter rule applied before mail had moved and this resulted in duplicates.

Wincee 14:06 PM 09 Sep 10

Ok thanks, that's what I thought the reason might be Woolwell. Cheers

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…