Dual Boot XP

redgy 11:06 18 Oct 06

I ran vista RC 2 for a couple of weeks on a separate partition. Then I formatted that partition as I needed the space back. When I was running the dual boot I had it set to default to XP which I setup in vista. Now that I have formatted that drive I still have the dual boot when I reboot and still defaults to XP but the option for Vista is still there. How can I go back to just booting direct to XP ie no dual boot.? Editing the boot.ini file seems to make no difference as it seems to be still booting from what was setup in vista.

Any help appreciated.

Jimmy14 12:31 18 Oct 06

If you install this program on XP called Vista Boot Pro, go to bootloader on it and select uninstall the vista bootloader, click configure it and you will get a message telling you, you need to restart the program. After this restart your computer and it should go directly into XP and the bootmanager will be gone. Link for program below,
click here
There is a new 3.1 version out but it's a beta and if you are only wanting to uninstall the bootmanager then 2.1 will do the job.

James

redgy 14:20 18 Oct 06

Excellent....thanks James, that worked easy.

Jimmy14 14:27 18 Oct 06

no problem. Any more queries or problems post back,

James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…