Drivers - it pays to check

PurplePenny 18:03 04 Mar 07

Having spent a while on Friday morning reading PCA reviews I decided on the brand (if not the model since it was an old review) of all-in-one that I wanted. Off I went to the Brother web site to check for Vista drivers. No mention.

Went to Maplin's on Saturday and spoke to a very helpful assistant who went off to find out whether anyone knew about Vista compatibility. None of the people who might know were in. Didn't buy just in case.

Looked again at the Brother web site today ... and there are all the Vista drivers!! Added on Friday no less. It must have been after I'd looked. If I'd looked again on Saturday morning I could have gone ahead and purchased.

I know that I can go back but they had a special offer on one model with £50 off... and he'd just put the last one out on the shelf. It will be days before I can get back there, possibly not till next weekend. What's the betting it will be gone :-(

Kate B 19:27 04 Mar 07

Can you ring them and ask them to hold it for you? Perhaps pay over the phone with a credit card?

PurplePenny 19:43 04 Mar 07

I didn't think of that! Worth a try anyway.

crosstrainer 09:28 05 Mar 07

Maplins have a web site which is cheaper than the shops...try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…