Dream Scene A Bit Of A Nightmare

kinger 20:17 21 Nov 07

I just downloaded the Vista Ultimate Extra Dream Scene background moving images.

However, when I select any scene, it plays for about 10 seconds and then the background image turns to black.

No matter how many times I select it, again, it'll go back to black.

Does anyone know why this would be?

Totally-braindead 21:19 21 Nov 07

Never heard of the Dream Scene thing, is it a Microsoft addon or created by a third party?

Is your graphics card up to it, what does it say it needs to run it?

A black screen could be many things but the most common is some sort of graphics problem which can be caused by an old or incompatible driver or it could even be something wrong with the download.

it is ultra paranoid, any delays in shutdown or start up it disables itself, this may be due to av , firewall a number of things, so it could be a conflict with another program, when the screen reverts to plain black it has switched itself off, there are 3 versions in m/s updates, make sure you have them all, unhide updates and make sure you have all dreamscene extras, tbh it's as buggy as hell and like many things in vista it works best if you just have vista running, anything in the background it will get paranoid and turn off, needs a lot of work, possibly best to leave it alone and play with the huge array of other ultra extras................? more here click here

ultimate extras .........?

kinger 22:21 21 Nov 07

Thanks adman 2, I have installed it on my MacBook Pro (Intel Processor, so I can also run Windows) and it works fine.

My desktop system, however, doesn't like it.

I'll use my own. Thanks for the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac