Downloaded free audio books

TopCat® 15:34 PM 18 Nov 11
Answered

I recently downloaded several free audio books to my computer and they are listed in my downloads. Can someone kindly explain what I need to do to install them correctly from here so they can be heard, and importantly, stopped and started where the speaker or chapter ends. Thanks for the help - I have Win7 Pro installed. TC.

rdave13 21:58 PM 18 Nov 11

TopCat® from where have you downloaded them? What format etc. Help!

TopCat® 23:43 PM 18 Nov 11

Sorry for the delay - I think it was from a Sunday Telegraph offer website but maybe mistaken. All 9 are Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's major spy audio books, offered briefly as a free download over a few days.

The format is as downloaded ie. Compressed (zipped) Folder (.zip). I unzipped one: "Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy" but there's no mention of any file format in the unzipped 'Properties'. TC.

rdave13 00:05 AM 19 Nov 11

Possibly to burn on CD? Unzip and then burn to CD format. Can't find anything on searching,- except for this,

Telegraph

Sorry can't be more helpful.

TopCat® 00:52 AM 19 Nov 11
Answer

Finally sussed it out, dave. I unzipped a story into a new folder and the format bacame: MP3 Format Sound (.mp3) It also listed by numbers the individual chapters of the book, which is exactly what I wanted to keep check of my progress through the books. The audio is played via Windows Media Player. Thanks anyway for the help. TC.

TopCat® 17:15 PM 19 Nov 11

Doh! I must be having an off day - just re-read this and realised I have got my authors mixed up. The spymaster author is of course John le Carré and I apologise for the stupid error. TC.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites