Downgrading my Compaq sr2109 to XP

Honour 22:58 20 Aug 07

Good evening to one and all at PC Advisor!

I am having a problem, that i hope you will be able to help me sort out.

I own a Compaq sr2109, which i purchased from Pc World (*shudders*) around 3 months ago.

All in all, this is generally a nice PC. However with vista being such a *heavy* operating system when it comes to RAM usage, i would like to downgrade to XP, which as you know is far less heavy on the old usage, and in my opionion. Is a much better operating system.

As a technical advisor for a webhosting comapny, i run a program called Kayako Support suite. However the vista version of this application, does not work!

I now have to use my laptop to run kayako.

Quite beside the point!

I would like to downgrade my sr2109 to run XP rather than the vista it currently runs.

However, i am stuck as to finding the drivers for the motherboard.

I went into the PC World shop, and the person in the PC Support desk bit, said that compaq didn't make drivers for my motherboard that will run on XP.

I am a little confused!

Could someone please be so kind as to tell me, how to downgrade from vista to XP, where (if possible) to get the drivers for my motherboard. And if there aren't any drivers for the sr2109 motherboard, are there any alternatives?

Many thanks, and hoping for a well speeded reply!

Respectfully.

Thomas Gray
GetPro Internet Services

this is for the uk one click here

pk the nodusm motherboard you have seems only to have vista drivers as you stated. this is the previous model with a nodusm board, (doesnt say m3 and im not sure what that means, but there are xp drivers
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac