Does Visa back-up utility back up programmes?

villa fan 28 Aug 10

Hi, I am in the process of changing PCs and will be going form Vista to Windows 7. I used the back-up utility in Vista to back-up my files to re-install to the new PC but I'm confused as to whether it will have backed up my programmes (photoshop, microsoft office etc)? In the help files it says it doesn't back-up programme files and when I look at what's on the external hard drive everything is zipped and I can't tell what's been backed-up. Any help greatfully received. I will be doing a separate back-up with WD hard drive with it's smartware software too to see if that is any clearer. I'm also guessing from this that it will be difficult to find specific things on the hard drive (eg. photo's or music) without re-installing the whole lot on the new PC?

Kevscar1 28 Aug 10

No thats why it tells you it doesn't

tullie 28 Aug 10

I should imagine that if help file tell you that it wont,then it wont.Any registry items will be left on the old hard drive,unless the exe files have been transferred.

villa fan 28 Aug 10

Thanks for comments, sorry if it seemed a stupid question!

tullie 28 Aug 10

Its not stupid

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message