documents missing

terrydactyl5 10:46 AM 06 Jun 11

Vista....My documents have disappeared....When I boot up the documents can be seen on the desktop but after the boot is completed the documents disappear and I cannot trace them. Would appreciate any advice.

terrydactyl5 12:48 PM 06 Jun 11

Have tried using search bar from start button, this traces the icon but when clicked I get the message 'file cannot be found'

terrydactyl5 13:04 PM 06 Jun 11

when i go to desktop,click on user file,all the files are shown,ie.photos,music,videos etc. but all are empty, get message files have been moved. When i find a document it states 'roaming' ?

RussB78 14:35 PM 06 Jun 11

Can you do a system restore to just before you noticed this problem.

terrydactyl5 17:06 PM 06 Jun 11

system restore will not function now.

to 124: have done above,reads C:\users\user name\documents Thanks

terrydactyl5 17:09 PM 06 Jun 11

about to get my tool box out and look for a large hammer!

terrydactyl5 19:11 PM 06 Jun 11

Thanks for your assistance.Unforunately I have tried the above but nothing appears in my search box as i have Vista. I have just downloaded'everything' as in your reply and it has found all my files,just need to work out now how to get them all back in my folder. I have an external hard drive,would it be easier to save to this and then transfer back or is there a quicker way?

terrydactyl5 21:32 PM 06 Jun 11

thanks for all your help - much appreciated

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites