documents missing

terrydactyl5 06 Jun 11

Vista....My documents have disappeared....When I boot up the documents can be seen on the desktop but after the boot is completed the documents disappear and I cannot trace them. Would appreciate any advice.

terrydactyl5 06 Jun 11

Have tried using search bar from start button, this traces the icon but when clicked I get the message 'file cannot be found'

terrydactyl5 06 Jun 11

when i go to desktop,click on user file,all the files are shown,ie.photos,music,videos etc. but all are empty, get message files have been moved. When i find a document it states 'roaming' ?

RussB78 06 Jun 11

Can you do a system restore to just before you noticed this problem.

terrydactyl5 06 Jun 11

system restore will not function now.

to 124: have done above,reads C:\users\user name\documents Thanks

terrydactyl5 06 Jun 11

about to get my tool box out and look for a large hammer!

terrydactyl5 06 Jun 11

Thanks for your assistance.Unforunately I have tried the above but nothing appears in my search box as i have Vista. I have just downloaded'everything' as in your reply and it has found all my files,just need to work out now how to get them all back in my folder. I have an external hard drive,would it be easier to save to this and then transfer back or is there a quicker way?

terrydactyl5 06 Jun 11

thanks for all your help - much appreciated

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message