Device Manager, Unknown Device

ArthurJB 11:39 AM 28 Feb 09

I recently opened Device Manager and discovered an Unknown Device. Expansion of the Device reveals the following,
USB Storage-CFC
USB Storage-MSC
USB Storage-SDC
USB Storage-SMC.
Opening the properties of Unknown Device reveals the following - "Device Error, Windows could not load the installer for WPD. Contact your Hardware vendor for assistance. I am not aware of any failure and I do not understand what WPD was. I am unable to uninstall the Device. Help please

BurrWalnut 13:00 PM 28 Feb 09

You must a card reader on your machine, e.g. Compact Flash, Secure Digital, etc. represent the abbreviations.

Kevscar1 16:48 PM 28 Feb 09

Uninstall each device then reboot. They should automatically reinstall and find the driver, mines a generic microsoft one do it should be on your machine

ArthurJB 17:03 PM 28 Feb 09

Unable to unitall any of the any of the sub-devices, error signal,"Windows could not load the installer for WPD".

Kevscar1 18:43 PM 28 Feb 09

try right clicking and update driver software

ArthurJB 22:42 PM 28 Feb 09

Unable toupdate driver software.Error signal,"Windows could not load the installer for WPD".

Kevscar1 08:11 AM 01 Mar 09

Have a look here you may find what you need.

click here

Kevscar1 08:20 AM 01 Mar 09

Search Engine gives this page but you will have to look for one for your OS

click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…