Desktop icons keep moving

Seadog 22:28 PM 01 May 11

I am running two pc's through a KVM switch (usb/DVI rather than VGA) one using Win 7 professional and the other Xp. When I switch between machines, - i.e. back to the Win 7 pc from the Xp pc, the icons on the win 7 pc have changed position.

It only seems to affect the icons on the left side of the desktop, icons I have across the top and in the bottom right corner stay where they are - I re-arrange them and then they change as I switch between pcs - I try to have two columns of icons but this gets split across the middle so I have a "block" of three columns at the top and two columns at the bottom with a gap in the middle!

Difficult to explain really, but it's annoying as the icons also change position with each other so I have to look each time to find a particular icon.

It doesn't matter what settings I have for the icons (align to grid etc) I have tried them all and they keep changing, it's obviously something to do with the usb KVM switch but I was wondering if any of you clever chaps know of a setting or something in Win 7 that might help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…