Desktop icons

Peter1933 19:29 06 Mar 08

I use the classic start menu with my Vista and have always been able to arrange the icons I generate in alphabetical order, sometimes having to create a short cut to achieve this.

Since I did a complete system recovery I now have two alphabetical lists, with no logical reason as to which program icon will appear in which list

Nothing I do is able to combine them into one list.

What am I doing wrong ??

Peter

tufti 08:44 07 Mar 08

If I read you correctly I think you are trying to arrange your icons on the desktop?
If so right click on the desktop and you will see various options to align icons to a grid etc.
Sorry if this is not what you're after.
T

Peter1933 10:39 07 Mar 08

Sorry Tufti, if only it was that simple. I have been through and through the right click options.

Thanks anyway
Peter

Jim_F 12:44 09 Mar 08

Hi Peter,

Is one list in c:\Users\yourname\Desktop
and another in c:\Users\All Users\Desktop ?

I think Vista gets confused if you switch between personalised and common Taskbar and Start Menu properties - especially either side of a system recovery and you would need to merge the lists to one list at either location.

Peter1933 13:08 09 Mar 08

You solved it they were split between the two Desktops.

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…