Dell Wireless Adaptor - Vista Drivers

Jon-ny 15:44 22 Mar 07

I bought a 'Dell Wireless 1450 dual-band (802.11a/b/g)' from... Dell online and i'm concerned with the drivers...

On the Vista Upgrade Advisor it says that the Adaptor will have compatability issues with Windows Vista

When I go to the vendors website (click here) and search for drivers it doesn't come up with any matches and I can't search via my Service Tag because I didn't buy the Adaptor with my computer (also a Dell)

What I want to know is if the issues I will find with Vista will be minor or will I lose my internet connection because Vista won't understand it....

And feedback will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Jon

anskyber 16:17 22 Mar 07

I have found these drivers but the latest seem to be only XP not vista. click here

Jon-ny 16:21 22 Mar 07

Thanks, yup, no Vista ones.

If anything else pops up could anyone ley me knoe :-)

Jon-ny 16:22 22 Mar 07

Oh, do you know if upgrading to Vista will disrupt the Adaptor and disable the internet...

Cheers

anskyber 16:35 22 Mar 07

I don't I'm afraid. When I upgraded some of my hardware (eg Logitech webcam) just worked fine with the XP drivers.

You could be lucky or in despair.

Jon-ny 16:50 22 Mar 07

cheers again. We'll just have to wait and find out

:-)

Jon

Jon-ny 21:08 25 Mar 07

does anyone else know of any vista drivers for the adaptor...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…