DELL Vista Upgrade

Jon-Gadgetlover 18:02 06 Feb 07

Has anyone recieves an order status either than 'pending' for their Upgrade to Vista?

The FAQ's says it'll be 4-8 weeks!

Thats too long surely.

Totally-braindead 18:13 06 Feb 07

"Thats too long surely." I don't see why. I can appreciate that everyone is chomping at the bit to get their free Vista upgrade but you can imagine how many people have bought PCs in the last few months that are trying to get their upgrade too. The numbers must be very large indeed.
I think you will have to be patient.
Might I suggest you have a look through some of the threads from people having bother with installing Vista and look on the bright side.
And the bright side is - by the time you get your copy hopefully a lot of the glitches and problems will be ironed out including hopefully a lot of the missing drivers. Which hopefully means you will be able to install yours without any major problems.

Jon-ny 20:21 06 Feb 07

Very good point, I never thought of it that way :)

Totally-braindead 20:24 06 Feb 07

Every cloud has a silver lining, have a look at some of the threads and you'll see what I mean. No drivers for printers, scanners, graphics card etc. Same as when XP first appeared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…