deleting URLs

palinka 12:51 PM 08 Sep 10

Previous OSes allowed one to remove unwanted URLs from IE via regedit and then in TypedURLs delete those that were no longer wanted.
I can’t find a way of doing the same in Vista. It’s very irritating . Can anyone suggest a solution, please?

Woolwell 17:34 PM 08 Sep 10

There are 2 ways to remove URLs from the address bar of IE8 (I assume that this is what you want).
First to clear them all - in IE8 - Tools - Internet Options - General tab - browsing history - delete and select History.
Second to delete individual entries - open IE8 - Click on the drop arrow to the right of the address bar and a list of urls should be displayed. As you hover over each one there should be a small cross by each one, click on that to delete the ones that you do not want.

palinka 22:45 PM 08 Sep 10

thanks, Woolwell - but I'm still using IE7

Woolwell 22:52 PM 08 Sep 10

You should be able to use regedit click here
I've just looked in my registry (Vista) and the entries are there. Create a restore point first.

Time to upgrade to IE8?

palinka 09:42 AM 09 Sep 10

Yes, they are there but last time I looked they weren't; don't know why. Thanks Woolwell. IE8? Hmm, maybe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…