Deleting files that you haven't used in a while.

Shenron 17:16 PM 22 Jun 12

I was wondering if there is an option/program that you can use, to get rid of ALL the files that you haven't used for 1/2/3/4 months or more?

I'd like to get rid of all the unnecessary/junk files that possibly hung on even after I uninstalled the software etc. Since I don't remember everything I've ever installed I would just like to get rid of everything on my pc that hasn't been used in let's say 2-3 months. I am using Win7 Ultimate. Thanks in advance. (I really hope I was able to communicate my issue correctly as English isn't my first language)

I did do all I can manually, but you see my PC has 60GB on the (C) drive and it's currently using 50. I do have (D) and (E) which both have a terabyte each, but I would still like to get to the bottom of why (C) is so full even after I have cleaned out pretty much everything that isn't essential. I also ran a Disk Cleanup but that didn't help much. This has been bugging for about a year now and damn it, I'm fixing it this time.

mgmcc 19:58 PM 22 Jun 12

Two suggestions:

1) When uninstalling programs you no longer want/need use something like the free version of Revo Uninstaller. After running a program's own uninstall routine, Revo Uninstaller then checks for any left over registry entries and files associated with the program you've removed.

2) Run Ccleaner on a regular basis to remove unnecessary junk, including temporary files etc.

Shenron 21:39 PM 22 Jun 12

Thanks a lot for the advice mgmcc. I'll give it a try.

woody 00:28 AM 23 Jun 12

Consider reloading your OS on the bigger drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week