Delete Vista bootloader

ex-wirecutter 10:56 AM 26 Apr 10

Please can anyone tell me how to delete the Vista dual bootloader and revert to normal single boot ?

BRYNIT 18:23 PM 26 Apr 10

After a quick looks. To change from duel boot to single boot go to Control panel/Administrative Tools/System Configuration click on boot tab, highlight the entry you do not want and select delete. You cannot make a mistake as it will not allow you to delete the current OS.

ex-wirecutter 13:21 PM 27 Apr 10

Thanks for that , but does it remove the bootloader completely or just the vista entry . In other words will I still get the bootloader at startup ?
I have since found a program called EasyBCD from Novatech which says it will do the job but am not sure whether to risk it.

Ex plorer 17:32 PM 22 May 10

Hi This worked for me.

I put Ubuntu on my Vista laptop and it tagged onto the windows bug file, which gave me a duel boot screen.

I downloaded EasyBCD and reduced the count down timer of 20second-time delay to 0 seconds re-started the laptop and it started up in vista as it used to do.

I suppose the duel boot is still there but not seen.
I then had to delete ubunton via computer.

ex-wirecutter 10:17 AM 23 May 10

Thanks , after much experiment I got rid of it by using fixboot. Sorry to hear you uninstalled Ubuntu , I think it's great , specially the latest version
Lucid. Still not everyone's cup of tea I suppose .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know