Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

retro_hood 22:58 02 Feb 07

When i try and open Windows Live Messenger it stops running because of Data Execution Prevention. I tried the guideline to allow Live Messenger but it wouldnt let me.

Any way round this?

The fix should be to exclude the application under Data Execution Prevention the path is
Start / Settings / Controlpanel / Performance Information and Tools / Visual Effects / Data Execution Prevention Tab

Select the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select button and add the applications .exe file to the list. If you already have this running try the other option Messenger Live is more nebulus than its forerunners and more apps are involved in its functions.

OK just to make things even more fun Vista has changed this so Messenger has to run under the
DEP function, it is considered to be a essential
Windows program, nice one Microsoft. It cannot therefore be bypassed as DEP will run on it no matter which option is selected on the DEP Tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…