D-Link can't Load Adapter

BoilerOil 10:12 24 Feb 11

Installed D-link DWA-140 on my laptop running Windows7 SP1,
no problem with the installation.
Clicked on the D-Link icon, up came D-link Wireless Connection Manager this was empty, clicked on new and entered my wireless network, clicked on activate, nothing happened.

Went to Network and Sharing Center, On the left clicked on change adapter settings, my D-link Connection is showing Disabled, right click, then on Enable, changed to enabling, then enabled, D-link still Disabled.

I have the message, Wireless adapter not found, Please insert the adapter now.

My question is?. Where do I find the Wireless Adapter.

I went to Device Manager then Network adapters the D-Link adapter is showing and there is No yellow mark on it, right clicked, This device is working properly.

Thank you for your help.

mgmcc 14:12 24 Feb 11

Go back into the Network Connections folder and make sure the Wireless Network Connection is "Enabled". If it isn't, just double-click it to enable it.

Then go into the D-Link Connection Manager and select the "Wireless Networks" tab, which should list all of the available networks that it finds. Click the entry whose SSID (network name) matches that of your router and then click the Connect button at the bottom. This method is preferable to trying to set up the connection manually.

Incidentally, I have the same adapter (which was bundled with my DIR-615 router) running in Windows 7 SP1.

BoilerOil 08:54 25 Feb 11

Thank you for your help my OS is Windows 7 SP1 32 bit, I also have Vista on the same Laptop (Duel Boot) with D-Link DWA-140 installed.
Was installed on the same day and worked with no problem.

Wireless Network Connection there is only one, BT HomeHub, security WPA-Personal, this one is Enabled.
D-Link Connection Manager, Wireless Networks is empty, next tab, My Wireless Networks is also empty.

mgmcc 16:16 25 Feb 11

Can you, instead of using the D-Link Connection Manager, use Windows 7's own WiFi software? Click the Network icon in the Notification Area (System Tray) to list the available networks, select yours and click the button to "Connect" to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…