D drive missing

par 3 21:46 02 Dec 13

Hi, I have had to use my recovery cd's to restore Win Vista to factory default. I have an Acer Extenza with 160gb hard drive split between C and D drives. Having restored to Factory Default, my D Drive appears to have disappeared. Can I recover it???

mole1944 05:08 03 Dec 13

It's there just that it's hidden as your recovery area on the disk

par 3 08:51 03 Dec 13

Hi mole1944. How do I go about recovering it please.

par 3 18:11 03 Dec 13

Further info-----

Hi I have had to restore my Acer Extenza to factory default. My C drive is working fine but D Drive is not showing in My Computer. In Computer Management my C drive is showing 69.65 GB and there is "unallocated space showing 79.40 GB. I think this is my D Drive but how do I restore this back to My Computer????? There was no data on the D Drive, not been used

Jollyjohn 14:04 07 Dec 13

Hello Go Start Control Panel - switch to Classic View - Administrative Tools.

Computer Management - Continue - Disk Management

Right Click on D: and you should get the option to Create a Partition and Format it.

Reboot, allow disk check to run and D: should appear.

rdave13 18:44 23 Dec 13

Now that you've lost the hidden restore partition I would make copies of the recovery DVD's and keep in a safe place. Strange that the restore partition wasn't installed on recovery to factory state, though. I know the posting is a bit old but worth pointing out to make copies of the discs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…