c/window system34/rstrui.exe the specified module could not be found

Nuneatonian 17 Jul 12

Hi all My system restore will not work unless I go through safe mode, trouble is you cannot change it back with this. When I click on system restore I get the message above, and the module cannot be found. I have had this problem happen on my previous computer, when I had, had the computer for some time, this one is only 7 months old. How can I put this right so it works properly again? Also my device manager wont work unless I go through control panel. Will I have to start the computer from scratch, bit nervous as I have had to make my own disks, and it won't restore everything. My last computer didn't after doing this and would even start up again, so had to purchase the latest one please help. I have a desktop, window 7 system.

Nuneatonian 17 Jul 12

Hi all I am rather surprised that there isn't anyone out there who has had this problem and knows how to put it right. I did not want to have to put my back up disks in, as this would be the last resort.

northumbria61 17 Jul 12
  northumbria61 17 Jul 12

Restoring Device Manager - enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message