Creative Zen Vision:M Driver for Windows 7

germizor 17:03 06 Jul 10

Hi all,

I have a Creative Zen Vision:M 30gb but had not used it in over a year. I recently upgraded both my computers to Windows 7 and then discovered that apparently there were no drivers for my player, plus my player cannot be detected by my computers. When I plug the player in, the blue light still blinks but nothing happens when I switch it on.

I contacted Creative and they said that there is no windows 7 driver for this player. However, I found a forum a while back where some people mentioned that they somehow had a windows 7 compatible driver for their players and it works fine, unfortunately I cannot find the forum anymore :(

I'm hoping somebody could give me some advice as I'd hate to get a new mp3 player when I'm sure this could still work. I tried installing the updated firmware but my computer can't detect the player. Websites say that this player is for Windows XP but I'm sure Windows 7 should be able to handle it? If anybody happens to have the same player working on a Windows 7 OS I'd highly appreciate the help!

Cheers!

canarieslover 19:23 06 Jul 10

I had to update the firmware with my XP computer before I could use the Zen with Vista. I haven't yet moved to Win7 so I not certain if that would work for you.

canarieslover 19:40 06 Jul 10

Checking Microsoft site shows the player is actually compatible with Win7 so I would suggest that you try to get the use of an XP machine to update your firmware.
click here

germizor 04:30 07 Jul 10

Thank you, I'll give that a shot!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced