Creative Zen Vision M problem with Vista

Mbube 14:59 07 Aug 07

Hi,

I have had a Creative Zen Vision M media player for about a year. With a Windows XP pc I ripped over 1600 songs on to the player using either Creative Media Explorer or Real Player. Unfortunately that pc crashed once too often and refused to reboot, so fed up with continous problems I bought an entirely new machine with Vista Home Premium.

Obviouslly I would like to be able to use it rip more cd's onto my Creative player. I have installed the original software and connected the player but it doesn't work. When I go into control panel and select device manager it shows the player and says it is working and that the appropriate driver is installed yet when I try to use Creative Media Explorer it says the player is not connected. I have tried using Windows Media Player and Real Player and the problem is basically the same.

I have contacted Creative support and installed some updated software as instructed but that didn't solve the problem. While waiting for another response from Creative I thought I'd try this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the player works perfectly well when not connected to my pc

Thanks in advance

bremner 17:46 07 Aug 07

Have you downloaded the updates Media Explorer

click here

Mbube 19:02 07 Aug 07

Yes I'd already tried that it made no difference. Media Explorer still thinks my players is not connected, though Creative Sync Manager says it is, likewise WMP is also still not finding my player. Any other suggestions

Thanks

djackson006 11:00 15 Aug 07

how we doin, im having the same bother as yourself and creative seem incapable of providing any support except for their forums. which is not good enough.
anyway, my computer recognises the zen vm but mediasource doesn't. How did you get on and did you solve the problem. if so could you please help me. sorry to bother you about it, its just its so frustrating, i wish i had just bought a new ipod.

Mbube 11:56 15 Aug 07

I wasn't getting many replies here in the Vista forum, so I posted again in the Helproom and got many more responses.

No I afraid I haven't solved my problem if anything my problem is now worse because since I updated the firmware the player now crashes as soon as I connect it to the pc. I uninstalled Media Source5 and tried reinstalling but it won't reinstall because it cannot detect a supported device. Anyway for more details check out my thread in the helproom (Creative Zen Vision M player not visible on new pc). I assume you've tried downloading all the software updates from the Creative website. I am also using a forum on a site called click here but no solution yet. Sorry I cant be more help, good luck!!

djackson006 17:51 15 Aug 07

cheers for that mate, i feel bad now cos i can put music onto and see my zen with ms5. i just cant sync. slightly less of a headache than yours. it just means i have torate everything through my computer rather than when im out using the player. good luck

djackson006 18:03 15 Aug 07

if you go to the creative homepage and click on support they have a wee red button for the recovery tool on the left. it didn't solve my sync problem but it did appear to install new firmware or whatever it is onto my Zen VM 60GB that i run on vista. you hadn't mentioned it in the forum so im assuming you've not seen it yet. hope it works.

Mbube 19:43 15 Aug 07

Thanks I hadn't seen that, I take it you used it did your player need formatting? Since I can't back it up using this computer I would have to use my XP machine and an external hard drive as I don't have enough space on the main drive. I would need to be sure of what I'm doing because I've got 151 albums on my player and I don't want to have to rip them all over again using my unreliable XP pc. I am also guessing I will have to use my XP machine to run the recovery tool since my player crashes when connected to this one. I am not sure that will really help as the player works perfectly on that pc.

Thanks anyway

djackson006 20:25 15 Aug 07

right, they must have updated their software recently cos i found somthing else thats new. go to creative homepage. support. manual download. select zen vision. then download creative playforsure devices plugin 5.00.36. i know we have diffeent symptoms but this worked for me. mediasource5 now recognises my player. and im currently syncing. joy oh joy. i don't know why creatvie didn't just tell me to wait till the software was released instead of sending me on a wild goose chase. anyway hope that sorts it.

djackson006 20:26 15 Aug 07

sorry, no i didn't format my player. it worked like a charm.

Demora 23:21 15 Aug 07

I'm watching this with interest as I have a Zen VM also. Wont work with vista......YET.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…