Creative Zen Micro

crosstrainer 14:35 18 Feb 08

And Windows Vista. My perfectly good Zen Micro, with my entire music collection on it (which works perfectly with my XP desktop, and media centre lappy) Is a dud under Vista.

Creative say:

1)Use an XP machine and uninstall WMP11

2) Install WMP 9 on XP machine

3) Upgrade Zen Firmware

4) Re-install WMP11

5) In theory, Zen is now Vista comapaitble.

What a pain.....Anyone found a workaround for this? I really don't want to spend the next 6 months of my spare time Copying music to the 2 Vista PC's, nor do I want to buy another MP3 player.

fords42 15:12 08 Apr 08

There is another way, but unfortunately it means you can't use the Creative software at all on the Vista PC. First, get a hold of a PC with XP, then download the latest firmware version (2.21.02) at click here. Be warned that putting the firmware on the Zen will wipe its hard drive - I backed all my files up first on the XP machine. When you plug the Zen back into your Vista PC with a bit of luck it will now see it as a portable hard disk. A pain in the bum but it's easy enough to drag and drop mp3 files - in fact, it's quicker than using the Creative software anyway ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…