creating video dvd's

conrail 14:09 PM 19 Nov 10

using vista home premium 64 bit sp2, son at uni is doing tv & film course and has started to send me videos of his work to comment on, they are in VLC format, no problem vieing via VLC player but what would be the best program to use to burn them to DVD?
he sends them on a usb key and can burn them at uni for his course but they have to remain at uni
all help and advice greatly appreciated

conrail 17:46 PM 19 Nov 10

thanks Lazarus The 2nd , the file is shown as:
VLC media file (.avi) (.avi) with an orange and white traffic cone as the icon
I have Ashampoo's burning studio 10 which wont recognize the file

Kevscar1 05:41 AM 20 Nov 10

Have you tried Windows DVD Maker that should recognise AVI's, if not download a free video converter program and change the format.

rdave13 18:38 PM 21 Nov 10

Just remember that the free versions of Ashampoo burning studios will not convert all files to DVD. FLV is supported in the bought product if I remember rightly..

HWJC 02:41 AM 22 Nov 10

Disclaimer: I'm absolutely useless on anything to do with DVDs so don't take anything I write as gospel, but...

A recent issue of Micromart had a walkthrough on DVD burning and the software they used and recommended was Handbrake at click here

I haven't tried it yet but it seemed pretty comprehensive.

PS: I also use Vista Home Premium SP2 here

conrail 14:53 PM 17 Mar 11

sorry about the delay in replying, I am using DVD Flick, many many thanks for your time, help and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know