CPU running very high after Vista upgrade!!

wyatt earp 13:08 03 Oct 07

Hi everyone

I have recently installed Vista home premium onto my A7N8X deluxe (rev 2.0) bios 1007 motherboard. I have an XP2800+ with 3gb of ddr400 memory in 200 mhz dual channel mode. The pc boots up etc. but the cpu seems to run at over 90% and often 100% for the slightest operation.

The pc seems stable enough and virtually everything works ok. Vista reports my cpu correctly as an XP2800 and the ram and graphics card are correctly stated.

I just ran a full backup and the cpu was at 95% or more for the entire task! This just does not seem right. Can any one offer me some advice?

Further update: i have looked at system devices in device manager and it states 'no drivers installed for this device' on the following:

programmable interrupt controller
direct memory access controller
numeric data processor
nvidia nforce pci system management

I am aware of a lack of Vista nforce2 drivers for this mobo but i was hoping there is a forum subscriber who has a similar board running Vista who could advise?

Any thoughts very welcome

Cheers
Wyatt(will pick up any posts after 6:00pm tonight)

tullie 16:07 03 Oct 07

Dont worry Wyatt,this isent a live chatroom,answer when your ready

gudgulf 16:37 03 Oct 07

Try

click here

Not sure how well it will work but it is the only solution I can find short of upgrading your hardware.

wyatt earp 19:05 03 Oct 07

Thanks so far.

I have found this nvidea driver pack

click here

It's for XP so i shall run it in XP compat mode.

I will give it another hour or two before i run it in case any one else can shed any light on it.

Cheers

Wyatt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…