Continuous Start up/Windows7 HP

zarobian 17:34 26 Feb 10

Last night about 01:00 AM, I woke up on a beep and surprised to know that my computer was switched on by itself. Without thinking much I forced to switched it off.
To-day in the morning about 08:47 it switched on and went off continuously.
After a while I managed to start up the machine in safe mode. Ran Malewarebytes. Microsoft Security Essentials were not available in safe mode! Restarted the computer normally and it ran system recovery and system restore.
After a while in the system properties I un-ticked the ‘automatic start up and recovery’ option. So for so good. I do not know what caused this problem. System information pointing to start up recovery and update failure. Checking the update history there is no update downloaded to day and every one in the list is reported successful!!
Is it PSU or else?
System.
Packard Bell iMediaX2414 Q6600 Processor
3 GB of RAM
CPU Temp : 29C
System Temp: 35C
CPU Fan Speed 1516
Power on after Power fail=Off
Still under warranty till 8/3/2010.
No scheduls.
Any idea folks.

User-1229748 23:39 26 Feb 10

try turning off automatic updates and see if that stops it.or do you have the auto defrag set to wake computer?or anything in media center set to wake computer

zarobian 06:54 27 Feb 10

Thanks for your response.
As I said there are no schduled programs. Defreg is set to manual and so as automatic up dates.Media centre I am not sure. I shall check it out. Also iTunes needs to be checked. Will post back. Since my previous post machne is quite in that sense.Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…