Connection problem

pipkin 18 Mar 12

On each webpage I try to access I have to go through the following...IE cannot dosplay the webpage > diagnose connection problems > troubleshooting couldn't identify problem > close troubleshooter > it then immediately goes to the the wanted webpage. What can I do to rectify this roundabout access. Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

difarn 18 Mar 12

This can occur if the website uses IPv4 and IPv6 as it's internet protocol - have a look at this article and you could try the "fix".

pipkin 22 Mar 12

Many thanks for your suggestion, still having problems even so, not been able to get anywhere fast till today. Have been advised to download firefox to replace IE, even that gets interrupted by " IE cannot display" etc. Think I'll have to get someone in to sort it out before insanity sets in.

difarn 23 Mar 12

Just come across this in a blog:-

"This problem started after installing Chrome for a test run. After several hours of fooling around with MS suggestions and the attempts of others, I found that the box, "Use a proxy server for your LAN" had been checked (tools>internet options>(connections)>(LAN settings). Unchecking that box solved my problems."

Don't know if this has any relevance to your situation.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message