Configuring updates on shutdown and updates 3 of

gippingman 23:00 22 Apr 10

Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista home premium

I have the configuring updates 3 of 3 0% on
startup (which it eventually does) and everytime you shutdown it say configuring updates do not power off and freezes - so I hold power off button til it shuts down - I believe I am not supposed to do this but don't know what else to do. I believe it may be a corrupt update ? - but can't check "installed updates" - to delete updates - as when you access it, the green progress bar freezes at about 95 % - other tasks also have the progress bar freeze at 95% - have also tried F8 to use system restore which temporarily works until shutdown etc - then can't power off etc - vicious circle!!! - advice appreciated

mooly 08:24 24 Apr 10

You might have problems... I googled this and found,
click here

On any PC a forced shutdown can (not always) corrupt the file system.

Was this the NVidia optional update that caused this ?

No good to you now, but this is where a program such as Acronis TI is so useful.

A reinstall may be required to fix this. Laptops usually have a hidden partition that you can access at boot to reinstall to as it was on day one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…