Configuring updates on shutdown and updates 3 of

gippingman 23:00 PM 22 Apr 10

Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista home premium

I have the configuring updates 3 of 3 0% on
startup (which it eventually does) and everytime you shutdown it say configuring updates do not power off and freezes - so I hold power off button til it shuts down - I believe I am not supposed to do this but don't know what else to do. I believe it may be a corrupt update ? - but can't check "installed updates" - to delete updates - as when you access it, the green progress bar freezes at about 95 % - other tasks also have the progress bar freeze at 95% - have also tried F8 to use system restore which temporarily works until shutdown etc - then can't power off etc - vicious circle!!! - advice appreciated

mooly 08:24 AM 24 Apr 10

You might have problems... I googled this and found,
click here

On any PC a forced shutdown can (not always) corrupt the file system.

Was this the NVidia optional update that caused this ?

No good to you now, but this is where a program such as Acronis TI is so useful.

A reinstall may be required to fix this. Laptops usually have a hidden partition that you can access at boot to reinstall to as it was on day one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…