Configuring updates Hangs at Stage 3 of 3

Standfast 22:45 PM 29 Oct 11

I have been watching Windows updates loop through stage 3 for the nth time, it never ends. I have also tried to do a system restore but it also hung at 'finalizing file restore' as well. I am using Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. Any suggestions?

northumbria61 20:51 PM 02 Nov 11

There are several things you could try. If you have a Windows Vista install disk you could try a System Repair which is different to a system restore that you have already tried. The instructions for carrying out different procedures in an attempt to solve your problem are here enter link description here

northumbria61 20:56 PM 02 Nov 11

You may find that booting into safe mode that the updates will complete. Try that first.

Standfast 12:17 PM 05 Nov 11

Thank you. I got impatient though and later that day did a full restore (again), so soon I may approach the point I got to before with the stage 3 loop. At which point I will try your suggestions before anything else. So thanks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites