Computer keeps trying to access website

eskimosean 00:19 AM 08 Jan 11

A programme on my computer keeps trying to access a file on the filesharing site, weirden.com. Webroot spyware is stopping it (it tries once every 2 seconds), but I was wondering if there is a way of finding out what programme is sending the request to start with please!

Thanks

Big L 266 10:09 AM 08 Jan 11

Hello.

eskimosean....I would suggest rather than look for the programme which is sending out the request,you run a full security sweep to get rid of the cause.You clearly have a most annoying 'bug' that has to be got rid of.

If you don't already have them,I suggest you download SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes.The get the updates and run full scans of both.After each one,and should there be any bugs,remove them and restart before moving onto the next.I would also suggest you download ccleaner afterwards and then run it to remove the accumulated 'rubbish'.

The good news is that all three are free and are a worthy set of 'troops' to have defending and protecting your computer.

I hope you have a paid-for security system such as Norton 360? If yes,run a full scan of this or your equivalent as well.

All the best.

Big L 266

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things