Cleanup 5.4.2 StevenGould any problems in windows 7 64 bit?

ray27 12:43 PM 25 Jan 12
Answered

As any one experienced any problems using StevenGould Cleanup 5.4.2 with windows 7 64 bit I have just got a new Sony VAIO and I would like to use it I had windows XP on my old machine and it worked fine on there so would there be any problem using it on my new machine? many thans for any advice Ray

ams4127 17:50 PM 25 Jan 12

Try it and see. Or go to the relevant website and see what it says.

ray27 18:18 PM 25 Jan 12

I have been to the site and it does not mention Windows 7 Just Windows XP and previous Windows OP'S that's why I was asking the question to see if anyone had downloaded it onto Windows 7 64bit and had come across a conflict, as they say forewarned is forearmed

ams4127 21:44 PM 25 Jan 12

forewarned is forearmed

And very wise advice that is!

In your case, I would backup my installation and then try it. You will probably have to install and run it in XP compatability mode. If it does go wrong then you can restore your backup.

It's a programme I have never heard about so I'm afraid I can't be of any greater help.

Ibanez2010 05:43 AM 26 Jan 12
Answer

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. It's very old and was last updated in 2007. Just looking at the website would put me off. I'd advise NOT to use it and try CCleaner instead, which has a very good reputation and does the same thing.

ray27 08:18 AM 28 Jan 12

Thanks for the advice I have downloaded CCleaner and it is as you say very similar so I will use that many thanks once again

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites