A clean install of windows 10

BipedOyster0 13:48 20 Mar 17

Hey guys! It's the first time for me to post here. I am making a clean install of windows 10 that I downloaded from media creation tool on a flash drive. Everything in the setup was okay with me until i got to " Where do you want to install windows " I deleted all the partitions to make new of them with different spaces. I need to install windows on system reserved that windows created right? When I try to install it on " Drive 0 partition 1:system reserved" it says "This partition at least 10121 MB or select another partition. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This disk may fail soon. If other hard disks are available, install windows to another location." If i chose another one like: "Drive 0 partition 1" it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This disk may fail soon. If other hard disks are available, install windows to another location." i can continue with this drive but Ian m afraid the disk may fail. Now the question is How can i increase the "Drive 0 partition 1: system reserved" to 10121 mb (10.121 gb)? If there is another solution tell me please. I am waiting. ��

BipedOyster0 13:52 20 Mar 17

When I try to install it on " Drive 0 partition 1:system reserved" it says "This partition is too small. Make the size of this partition at least 10121 MB or select another partition. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This disk may fail soon. If other hard disks are available, install windows to another location." I

BipedOyster0 14:19 20 Mar 17

click here are some images that may help you.

href Here

BipedOyster0 14:20 20 Mar 17
  BipedOyster0 14:20 20 Mar 17
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:32 20 Mar 17

System reserved is where windows 10 places the boot files and is created during install. Recovery is where windows places the recovery tools (x:\drive)

If you have messed up the partitions it may be easier to start again by wiping all the partitions off the drive. Windows will recreate and format them during install.

Boot from the USB and enter setup - Trouble shoot - Advanced options - Command Prompt.

Type in DISKPART and press [Enter]

Type in LIST DISK and press [Enter]

The Bootable USB will also be listed as a Disk and you should be careful not to select this by accident.

Type in SELECT DISK X where X is the disk number

Type in CLEAN and press [Enter] , wait a few seconds for it to complete.

Close command prompt by pressing the [x] at the top right.

Select turn off your PC.

Turn back on the PC and begin the install

BipedOyster0 14:39 20 Mar 17

So should I exit the windows setup now ?

BipedOyster0 14:48 20 Mar 17

So what am I going to do now is:

1. exit windows 10 setup.
  2. turn off my computer.
  3. enter the BIOS by pressing f2.
  4. search for command prompt and write what you told me.
  5. The enter windows setup again from my flash drive.
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:51 20 Mar 17

Nothing to do with BIOS

Boot from the USB and enter windows setup select - Trouble shoot - Advanced options - Command Prompt.

BipedOyster0 17:12 20 Mar 17

Thanks I am going to try it and will tell you what will happen.�:)

Secret-Squirrel 18:17 20 Mar 17

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This disk may fail soon.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys but that message means that the drive has failed the SMART test. The drive is failing and cannot be trusted so it needs to be replaced. If it's not done now then it'll need replacing sometime soon.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…