Clean install of W7 - .Net Framework?

john bunyan 15:30 PM 07 Nov 09

Assuming a clean, not updated imstall of W7 64 bit, I understand it comes with .Net Framework 3.5. Does that include SP1 update? Do you need to install any earlier .Net Framework files such as 1.2 or 2?I remember the SP1 update could be a pain. It is further complicated for me as I had difficulty in XP with Roxio Creator 2009 as that included .Net Framework 3.5 even if pre installed and I intend to install Creator 2010. I have not seen much on this on this forum - any .Net Framework experts out there? I do intend to use the Media Centre Feature with a Hauppuage tuner.

User-1229748 15:46 PM 07 Nov 09

that is in the "turn windows features on or off" and is listed as microsoft.net framework 3.5.1 and that hopefully means more to you than it does to me.it isn't turned on by default.hope it helps.

john bunyan 18:47 PM 07 Nov 09

Thanks. Some features and programmes need these .NET framework files (not sure myself whivh ones, but the TV feature does). IN XP you needed to install the series from 2 up. Hopefully the files included with W7 have rolled up all the earlier features, or they would have mentioned it ...

gigagiggles 22:05 PM 07 Nov 09

microsoft.net framework 3.5.1 is turned on by default on my win 7 pro 64 cleanest install.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites