Clean install preferable to upgrade from Vista

betaman 10:00 AM 20 Oct 09

Judging by the number of problems, with non-functioning programmes.I'm having after an upgrade (from Vista) install I suspect that a clean install is the way to go.

As mentioned on another thread I'm having problems with getting a functioning Windows Mail and Firefox but, also problems with PC Tools Internet Security and I might yet have more glitches to sort out.

crosstrainer 11:04 AM 20 Oct 09

A clean install with a full copy is the way to go. I ran the BETA version as dual boot, and had very few issues with it, but when I do upgrade my 2 PCss (Lappy has too many compatibility problems and will need replacement) I will be buying full copies for each PC.

Having said that, I will be sticking with Vista until 7 has had it's inevitable SP1 release.

betaman 13:50 PM 20 Oct 09

have just gritted my teeth and gone for a clean install - so far most of the glitches have disappeared.

Must get on with re-installing a few programmes!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites