is chrome open or not?

conrail 17:02 PM 15 Mar 13

using win 7 64 bit with ccleaner and ashampoo winoptimozer 9, ccleaner, when running the clean option and winotimizer when optimizing tell me that chrome, my default browser, is open and needs to be closed, yet chrome is not open on the desktop, is there somewhere else it will be open even though I have closed it down, (hope this makes sense), all help and advice apreciated, thanks

Zak 18:01 PM 15 Mar 13

Sorry just to ask this but have you possibly just minimised Chrome and it is still running? Maybe more than one instance of Chrome running?

If you are actually closing Chrome, check Task Manager to see if the application/program is shown as still running.

Zak 18:03 PM 15 Mar 13
  conrail 22:25 PM 15 Mar 13

thanks for help Zac but I use the X to close chrome down

conrail 22:26 PM 15 Mar 13

sorry Zak, misspelled your name, must get a keyboard that can spell, again sorry

rdave13 23:55 PM 15 Mar 13

Use win optimizer 9, to return to original state and bin it.

Use the most up-to-date Ccleaner.

Chrome sends a lot of your 'impersonal' data home. Not exactly 'spyware' but not exactly not.

conrail 19:19 PM 16 Mar 13

thanks for advice rdave13

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites