chm Files

larry48 20:27 19 Nov 07

Recently purchased a Canon MP160 "All-in-one" printer.Everything works fine,so no problems with the printer. However I can't access the Instruction Manual (on the CD) as it uses a *.chm file extension.I've checked in Control Panel-Default Programmes -Set File Associations, and the chm file ext isn't even listed.Any ideas how I can get round this?I'm running an OEM version of Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jake_027 22:45 19 Nov 07

click here

Do any of these, particularly the first result, help at all?

larry48 06:49 20 Nov 07

Np. I've tried most of those suggestions, but the .chm file extension isn't even listed in the Vista file extensions list.

anskyber 09:50 20 Nov 07

I have no experience of this program. click here

anskyber 09:55 20 Nov 07

Or perhaps better look at a work around here. click here

larry48 17:30 20 Nov 07

Thanks anskyber.The chm decoder worked a treat,I've now converted all the files to html, so at least I can read them.

I wish that Microsoft and other major names (e.g. Canon) could get their act together so that this sort of thing doesn't happen.I have a similar problem with my mobile phone because Sony haven't produced software for it that's compatible with Vista.

anskyber 17:37 20 Nov 07

Indeed, I changed my camera sofware for pics on my PC because Canon could not give me a Vista compliant set which worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced