Check disk won't stop

Throbber 23:12 PM 16 Jan 13

I ran a disk check today. It seemed to go as normal, but when it finished my windows 7 pc didn't start. I restarted it, and same happened again - checkdisk had apparently been scheduled, ran, and - nothing. Tried restarting several times, but always the same. Hitting any key didn't stop checkdisk. PC won't start in safe mode. Recovery disk doesn't work. Can't get pc started at all. Any solutions to this?

Chronos the 2nd 09:47 AM 17 Jan 13

Your advice will not help as the OP cannot get into Windows not that your suggestion would have any bearing on chkdsk anyway, though you may well be right about the HDD being on it's way out.

If you have your Windows installation disk boot your PC from that CD/DVD and select either Startup Repair or System Restore.

rockymast 20:29 PM 19 Jan 13

Had a similar problem problem. I also got some USN JOURNAL VERIFICATION. But dont know how it was solved on its own. Check if your drive is workinf fine, use this tool and run the test. In my case problem came after running disk degragmentation.

Throbber 11:22 AM 21 Jan 13

Thanks to all. Problem has now fixed itself, I know not how. Like rockymast, the problem arose after running a disk defrag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know