changing the language

old fogey 11:21 25 Jun 07

Hi I hope someone can help my daughters bought a laptop with vista pre-installed but when she tries to key in a pound sign £ it doesnt work apparently the language is set for English USA but when she tries to change it in the regional language she can find English UK and highlight it but the OK tab is greyed out. The only tab that isnt is the cancel tab. Her vista is vista basic is there a way of changing to English UK

anskyber 12:00 25 Jun 07

Is this what you have done? click here

old fogey 12:02 25 Jun 07

Thank you anskyber yes thats what i told her to do but she cannot ok it or apply it as the only tab available is the cancel tab

anskyber 12:04 25 Jun 07

Or try, Control Panel, Clock Language and Region (from the left pane)then, Change keyboard or other input methods.

anskyber 12:05 25 Jun 07

Sorry, after Control Panel choose Hardware and sound then etc.

old fogey 12:07 25 Jun 07

thank you anskyber for your quick reply ive told her to try your last suggestion and will get back to you if it works or doesnt

old fogey 12:18 25 Jun 07

Tried your last advice anskyber but unfortunately that didnt work either but thank you for trying to help. It looks like she will have to take it back to the shop and let them do it.

old fogey 14:18 25 Jun 07

1 last try before I close this thread is there anyone who can help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced