CDs not playing after windows 10

grace.wilson 20:01 10 Aug 15

Before I installed Windows 10, CDs played perfectly fine on my PC. When I put a disk into the disk drive, it spins but does not show up at all in 'my PC'.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 10 Aug 15

Data or audio CD?

grace.wilson 20:42 10 Aug 15

Audio CD

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:54 10 Aug 15

Media player not installed in windows 10 you will need third party software to play CDs DVDs

such as VLC player or the dreaded itunes

wee eddie 21:42 10 Aug 15

I hate VLC and use K-Light Codec Pack but have no idea if it's compatible with W10

daxian 11:15 11 Aug 15

check and see if cd/dvd drives are installed (look in "this pc" from file explorer,you should see C drive then any cd drives ). i have to cd/dvd drives and "win 10" does not see them....looking for a solution for this myself.

daxian 12:29 11 Aug 15

fixed the problem of cd/dvd not seen by win 10.... in device manager uninstall atapi controllers, reboot ,win 10 installs them again and they work !!! audio cd's play fine !!!!

JimCurrie 16:19 15 Aug 15

I downloaded VCL. But when I insert a dvd nothing happens. What do I have to do to get Windows 10 to recognise that a dvd has been inserted and to play it? (Am I mistaken in having thought that Windows 10 was going to give me an enhanced experience?)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:56 15 Aug 15

For some people windows 10 has given advanced frustration:0)

Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button , click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click AutoPlay.

Select the action that you want Windows to perform for each media type, and then click Save.

daxian 16:56 15 Aug 15

are your drives seen by win 10 ???? if you open file explorer and click on "this pc " you should see all drives recognised...ie. c: drive d: drive for a dvd/cd drive.. if cd/dvd is not seen in this list follow instructions in my last post ! if it is seen, then open it to find files ... alternative is to right click on the drive and choose open with vlc player.

JimCurrie 17:44 15 Aug 15

Many thanks for your help Fruit Bat and Daxian. Problem resolved. It's people like you who are a godsend to us needing help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac