cd/dvd rom wont open

Eddie 2425 09:47 15 Jul 10

hi just upgraded to windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, problem i now have is when i try to open the cd/dvd drive it doesnt open . the only way i can open it, is into my computer and right click and eject, coincidence since i upgraded or a different problem, i have read some where that others have the same problem, but cant find any updates
thanks Eddie

sunnystaines 10:48 15 Jul 10

get a paper clip straighten out and gently push in the small hole by the tray

Eddie 2425 11:36 15 Jul 10

hi thanks sunnystains does that just open the drive or reset it, cos i can get a small screwdriver behind the case to the button to open it but its the main button on the front of the case that wont open it
cheers Eddie

BRYNIT 13:32 15 Jul 10

If I'm reading this correctly you can open the CD/DVD drive by pushing the button on the CD/DVD drive just behind the front fascia. If this is correct it could be that front button is not coming into contact with the button on the CD/DVD drive this could be due to part of the button has broken at the back or the drive has come loose and has been pushed back slightly. Try opening the case release the screws and see if you can push the CD/DVD drive forward slightly.

Eddie 2425 21:15 15 Jul 10

sorry i have not replied sooner , yes you are correct, but i did try what you said ,there is a small micro switch, and it seems to connect ok ,also checked other connections, all ok. the intersting bit is that it worked ok before i installed windows 7
cheers Eddie

roddypoddy 22:40 15 Jul 10

Have you tried removing the drive in device manager,rebooting your pc,then windows will find and re-install it.
Worth a go.

Eddie 2425 17:56 17 Jul 10

hi roddypoddy sorry been away just got back, yes tried that, well tried the driver update, says latest driver installed, so uninstalled drivers etc , but just tried your suggestion, problem still here any more help
thanks Eddie

sunnystaines 18:53 17 Jul 10

might be time for a new dvd drive, they are very cheap at present, shop around and some offer nero or windvd oem etc free with a dvd drive..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…