Catalyst control center popup

marty03321 10:19 12 May 14
Answered

Hi all, I keep getting a popup window titled "Catalyst control center" it goes on to say "Host application has stopped working." If I click OK it shuts my browser (Firefox) down. If I close the popup using the red cross in the top right hand corner it goes away and I can carry on without any issues. Is this a Virus/Trojan issue? How can I get rid of this problem?

Thanks Marty

BRYNIT 11:46 12 May 14
Answer

If you have a AMD/Radion graphics card this could be related to the Catalyst control center software installed with the drivers the problem could be a corrupt file. You could try downloading the latest version, uninstall the controller from add/remove reboot and reinstall to see if that rectifies the problem.

chub_tor 18:50 12 May 14

A couple of suggestions click Here in particular the solution from Coltriffid on March 27 2011 has worked for some, while others have found that the solution posted by Jim2065 on May 3 2011 also works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…