Can't Play Youtube Videos, (and some others)

degssie 22:40 24 Jan 14

Windows 7, Internet explorer 11/Firefox 26.0. When I click on a "YouTube Video" it starts and then stops with error message "An error occurred, please try again later". Clicking the "Learn More" button leads to a number of suggestions, none of which work.

rdave13 14:02 25 Jan 14

In IE select tools, internet options, under browsing history section under the general tab, click on delete. In the pane that opens check the boxes for

Preserve Favourites website data

Temporary Internet files and website files

Cookies and website data

History

Then select delete apply then ok. You will get a message at the bottom that IE has finished deleting. Close IE and restart. Try playing a You Tube video.

degssie 22:48 25 Jan 14

Sorry rdave13 has had no effect, still the same.

Secret-Squirrel 10:07 26 Jan 14

Degssie, because your problem occurs in two browsers it's likely to be a problem with Flash itself. Try this:

Go to Control Panel -> Flash Player. Click the "Storage" tab then click the "Delete all" button. Click the "Advanced" tab and click the "Delete all" button there too.

mole1944 06:05 27 Jan 14

Easy answer after years using i.e. i switched to chrome, different way of doing things but so much better, by i.e. but you don't cut the mustard anymore.

degssie 00:28 28 Jan 14

Thanks guys but Secret-Squirrel,s fix had no effect and the active X is not ticked so I am still no better off. Will try Chrome as a last resort.

ProtectandAccess 06:41 30 Jan 14

Dear did you tried to run youtube videos in Browser safe mode. I don't know it will work or not, but why not try.

1) Help Menu 2) Restart with firefox disables (can't give link may violate forum rule)

Let me know what happened dear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos