Can't open windows 7 home premium

Carryduff 13:42 PM 03 May 13

Hi, I'm having problems opening windows 7 on my Acer Aspire laptop.After the microsoft logo appears I get a blank screen. The on/off button will not work and I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to get the repair windows program to work.This seems to cure the problem temporary until I turn the computer off and the whole cycle starts again. I've tried system restore in safe mode but without success. Any advice would be very welcome but as I'm not really technically minded any suggestions should be simple and idiot proof. Thanks

northumbria61 15:38 PM 03 May 13

Have you tried running in Safe Mode (as opposed to system restore in safe mode)? It could be due to a faulty driver. Try running Safe Mode with Networking first. Also take a look here enter link description here

rdave13 19:29 PM 03 May 13

Another fix to try, remove battery and AC mains transformer, press and hold the start button on the laptop for a few seconds. This should discharge the capacitors on the mobo.

Replace battery and reconnect the power adapter and try booting up.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites